Load a report in Numerable
- On the Reports Library page, click on the report card for the organisation and report you want to explore.
- This takes you to the table view of that report, and you can now start to explore
Change between 3 views
- When you first load a report you see it in table view, as columns of numbers.
- Click on a month header to change to structure view, and see a horizontal bar chart of the figures in the selected period.
- Click on one or more row headers to change to a time series graph of those rowss values plotted against time.
- Deselect all headers to go back to table view.
Compare time periods and budgets
- Click on 2 month headers to compare results for those months.
- The values of the first selected month are in blue, and those of the second selected month are in grey.
- The changes from the second selected month to the first are shown a green and red bars, indicating good and bad changes.
- Click on the Budget button to compare the first selected month’s results to their budget.
Drill up and down
- Click on a right chevron to expand a total and show its components.
- You see the expanded rows in all 3 views.
- Click on the down chevron to collapse the row again.
View text insights
- Numerable automatically generates text that explains what is shown in the plot.
- The text appears in the right column
- It changes to give insights into the current view and selections.
YTD – Year To Date
Numerable normally shows you the figures for a month in each column. But sometimes it is useful to see the year-to-date (or YTD) results, to assess performance since the start of the financial year.
- To see those year-to-date click on the YTD button which is to the right of the column headers.
- The figures or plot you see now are cumulative, starting from zero at the start of the financial year
- The financial year start is shown as a vertical grey line in the table view and time series plots.
- Year-to-date is currently only available in the Profit and Loss statement